Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Yodeling...the Lost Art

Like most people, I have a deeply ingrained yen to yodel. So, much to the chagrin of my hubby, I do. Often and loudly. He pretends he doesn't like it, but I know he does. What I like about it, is that it's something you can take with you anywhere. I especially like to do it in the car. I'm the travelling yodeler. My hubby especially loves it when we're trapped between two cars in a Timmy's drive-through and I entertain him with my lovely yodeling repetoire.
I promised him that when he died, I would yodel at his funeral. I love him that much. He replied that his death would probably be from a tragic yodeling accident. The first symptom of that being bleeding ears! I know he didn't mean it. After all, do any of his friends have a wife who yodels for them? I think not!
I was so into my yodeling yesterday, I stood in Holly's doorway and went into a yodeling aria that would put other yodelers to shame. Alas...young people just don't seem to appreciate culture anymore. She just turned off her music and stared at me. Finally she said I should go yodel for my hubby cause he appreciates it more than she does. So, I did. I could tell he was almost in tears from it.
No, I've never had yodeling lessons but I just try to copy what I hear. It's not as easy as it seems, so I will have to keep practicing. I will practice in the elevator as the acoustics are great in there.
My hubby says that not all wives yodel for their husbands. Well, statistics say that 2 out of 3 marrages are failing these days. Coincidence? I don't think so!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your a freak! love you mom

-holly