Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Don't talk to me, I'm working on my "Life List"

O.k. Who thought of this? I'm trying to work on my life list, something that has been so popular lately. I've been really trying to avoid the cliche stuff like...work for world peace, etc. You should try it some time. It's really much harder than it looks.
First of all, as soon as you sit down to try and think of what you should include in the list, you begin to realize that this is a much more serious task then you first thought. This could turn out to be the blueprint for the rest of your life, especially at my age which is somewhere between Dora and Methusala. You don't want to write down something like skydiving just in case someone holds you to it. It sounds good on paper, but do I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane? I think not!
Your next thought is that you don't want to sound like a greedy bastard by writing down stuff like, 'a home on the water, a horse or housekeeper.' See what I mean? It really makes you think much more than you really want to.
So, if you are expecting to see my life list posted by say, tomorrow, I'm afraid you will be dissappointed. Actually, if you really are dissappointed by this, I suggest you write a life list of your own. It would give you something to do!
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: