Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Waiting For My Superpowers

First of all, may I wish all of you and yours a very happy New Year!
Now to business. Forgive me for taking so long to blog. In the last couple of months, I have come down with every illness known to man including "pink eye"!? I'm serious...it's not funny. Apparently, I must have been playing in the sand box with a slew of four year old's, four times and just don't remember it! I've had pink eye four times in the last few months. Turns out I'm a walking medical mystery. However, I'm o.k. now, knock on wood. So, I will hopefully be back to my old blogging self, much to your chagrin.
My subject for today will center around my forthcoming 'super-powers'. Yes, you read right; my super powers! Other super hero's have really boring super powers such as being half spider, or half bat. I decided to pray for a more useful super power, and I believe I will be receiving it soon. It is the power to destroy loud stereos, boom boxes or radios at will. Now that would be useful!
You see, I live on the seventh floor of an apartment, on a busy street, and the noise level from the other apartments and the cars is really beginning to get on my nerves. You know the music is too loud when a car is waiting at the lights a block away and from my 7th floor apartment I can hardly hear my television because of the bass coming from this car. To add insult to injury, there is someone in the apartment building who plays his music constantly. It actually sounds like the same song, over and over again! Is he an 'idiot savant', I wonder?
Even my daughter keeps asking me when my super powers will arrive. She's as anxious as I am about the noise.
So, I am waiting impatiently for God to give me my super powers a.s.a.p. When I do receive them, I have promised to use them only for good and not evil and only when absolutely necessary. I'll let you know when I get them....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i told you i'd come on your blog.
-ashley

Anonymous said...

we love you nanny, even if you are crazy.lol.

Kathleen said...

oh thank God...I thought it was only me that had a hard time with the noise in my apartment building. I'm on the 2nd floor, and between the karaoke in the building and the traffic on the street, dogs barking and kids bawling, sometimes I think I'll go deaf. I thought I was just over sensitive.

I'm waiting for my powers to arrive, too. When they do, I'll orb into the offending apartments and zap out those karaoke machines...all except for mine. My husband would have a stroke if I blasted ours, lol.

Beautiful blog!