Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Stalker...

As you can see, I'm trying to make some changes and improvements on my blog. I have found so many new widgets to keep track of people, I actually think I'm beginning to stalk all of you. I'm lonely!
But now I can tell where everyone is from that happens upon this crazy blog, even if by accident. I used to have a map that had little red dots on it for every hit I got, which showed where in the world the hit came from. O.k. I must confess, when it comes to geography, I suck. I was getting hits on the map but didn't know what country it was from...duh. So, that didn't really work for me. Besides that, there were so many hits in North America, it turned into one big red dot. So, I got rid of that pretty quickly. Anyway, I'll just keep working at it so that it looks fresh for my regular readers.
In other news, my nose! I just discovered that I hate it. It is a really weird shape and gives me a kind of 'Charlie Brown' profile. I should have had a nose job years ago, but I didn't know it. Actually, when I think about it, I should have had a complete overhaul by now. I don't have much in the 'boob' department, if you know what I mean. My own Dr. once said to me that my breasts are so small, 'If you feel anything, you must have a lump'!! A breast implant op would be nice. And you already know about my large ears...I'm so depressed...
But we've all seen the shows about plastic surgery gone bad. Have you see Kenny Rogers lately? Is he the same man?? I would never have recognized him in a million years. And what's up with Wayne Newton? Is that his face or is it novelty night? He looks like a stand-in for the wax museum. And these are people who can afford the very best medical experts! All I could really afford would be a 'backstreet' plastic surgeon, you know, a guy with a Ginsu knife and Barbie parts...sigh. You know he would probably offer a free toaster for every nose job, for a limited time.
I will be the big '50' this year, and it's too late to do anything about my funny nose, big ears, small boobs etc..so I'll just have to live with it.
In spite of all this, I have a hubby who loves me and that's good enough for me.
Take care, Kids
Tory

3 comments:

Magdalen Islands said...

I laugh now at my big ears and frizzy hair, not to mention my Indian chief nose. I guess they are what define me as me. And like you about all I truly could afford is the price of the give-away toaster, lol.

Pleased to meet you Tori and glad to see you found your way to my little nook of the country. I see you know Keith, one of my favorite Heliumites and bloggers.

I like your blog, it is alive and current.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I mentioned this somewhere before but it amuzed me so I'll say it again! I heard a radio show about boob jiggery-pokery, and the guest was a spokesman for the British Association of Plastic Surgeons. It occured to me that they must call themselves BAPS for short!

MI - thanks for that lovely comment above.I timed my visit to Tori perfectly!

Karen said...

Poor Kenny Rogers just looks plastic now - sort of like Joan Rivers and Dolly Parton. I don't know that these people had bad plastic surgery. I think they just had too much of a good thing. I think we regular folk just have to be satisfied with what we have.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be back to visit often.