Friday, April 11, 2008

Updates and Blessings!...

Good Morning all..It's pretty dark and cloudy here this morning but it's a beautiful day anyway.
Have you ever had a moment when you look at your partner and you are overwhelmed with the sense of how much you love them and what a blessing they are to your life? Last night, after NAI (new and improved) Hubby came home from work, we watched t.v. together as he relaxed. It's playoff time again, and we enjoy watching all the games as playoff hockey is so much better than regular season hockey.
I digress.
Watching the game, or anytime we spend together, we laugh so much and Holly was out watching t.v. with us, too. They always amuse themselves by making fun of me, and then Hubby and I will make fun of Holly, and we laughed so much my sides hurt.
Holly went to bed, and as usual, Hubby goes to bed before me. He gave me a kiss, and told me he loved me, and as I watched him walk away, I was overwhelmed with love for him. I realized how blessed I am. Life with Fang was hell and chaotic, but the peace and security I have with this man just overwhelms me sometimes. Thank you God, you saved the best for last in my life. I am truly,madly, deeply in love with this man, and I will never take him for granted.
Pretty sappy, eh?
Poppy lost all her eggs this time...she broke them all or something. But the good news is, it didn't take more than five minutes before she and Bailey we at it again! Nymphos.
Holly went out driving on Sunday for the first time and did pretty well according to Hubby. She had fun. Got in the car and the first question she asked was, which one is the gas and which one is the brake?! Scary!
O.K., it's time for fun with hearing loss...watching the game last night, I could have sworn the commentator said,..'Anne Murray takes the puck down the ice'..I looked at hubby..'Anne Murray plays hockey too?'..Hubby looked at me funny..'No, he said,..and Murray takes the puck down the ice'..Me: Oh..
Take care, peeps, and remember to appreciate your loved ones.
Tory

5 comments:

Forsythia said...

Ha ha. Your first published "Fun with Hearing Loss." Anne Murray takes the puck down the ice. Good one. My husband was listening to a presentation at work. He was sure the lady said, "First I went to Poland, and then to Ukraine." Actually she said, "First I went to Bolling and then to McLean (place names in suburban Washington, DC)."

Tory said...

lol, hearing loss can be so hilarious, I'm actually enjoying it...well, most of the time.
Thanks for dropping by Forsythia, it's always good to see you here.
Take care
Tory

The_Mrs said...

Hello Tory.

I apologize for not getting here sooner. You've been over to my place a couple of times, and I'm a bit slow on the upswing.

I've added this blog to my blogroll. It's nice to 'meet' a person who has had similar experiences in life.. some good and some not so good.. but it reminds us that we're all connected in one way or another.

Nice blog you have here and an excellent post! :)

Cheers and Peace...
TheMrs

Holly said...

I appreciated you last week, when it was 'Autism Awareness Day', wasn't that enough? Oh well, I guess I will have to make a special effort to talk, bond, and sing with you today. We could spend all day together.... talking... bonding.... and singing.....

Tory said...

God help me, Holly!

Well hello there, The Mrs! Good to see you. Come back again soon. I do enjoy your blog.
Take care
Tory