Friday, June 01, 2007

Where Everybody Knows Your Name

Apparently my life as a domestic goddess is over. I'm sitting here in the middle of what could only be described as a really bad garage sale. My house is a mess! Even the fruit flies are complaining! How did this happen? Oh, it's been so hot here and our air conditioning doesn't get turned on in the building until today. I have done nothing in the house for days. I'm leaving next Friday or Saturday to go to my daughter's and I have so much to do, so I decided to write on my blog for as long as possible to avoid stuff.
The dust bunnies have turned into tumbleweeds, and the dishes are crying out in the sink. Trust me people, you don't want to have to listen to your dishes crying out. It's a sad sound.
I caught Heffer reading the newspaper in the bottom of his cage the other day. When I went over to see what he was reading, he ran to the other end of his cage. It's then that I noticed he was looking in the classified section under 'furnished cages for rent.'
This is something new for me. My house was always spotless when I was with Fang. Fang was very neat...so neat it really made me wonder of he was gay. My current, new and improved hubby is kind of messy. It's probably his only flaw.
So before I leave for my trip, I must clean the house, get my hair and nails done, figure out what hubby will be eating while I'm gone....but first I'd better have a nap.

4 comments:

Tink said...

Gay first husband huh? That could explain why it didn't quite work out. ;)

mitchgib said...

I worry more about neat freaks than slobs, they usually have some skeletons in that closet !

I want to hear about the "love nest". Sounds like something I need to invest in !

Peace
Michelle

Anonymous said...

My mum had a poster that stated,
My house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy. Or something close to that. To me its speaks volumes. A bit of mess is nothing, and I feel more welcome in an house full of love than a sterile environment anytime. And let the dishes cry, a good cry never hurt anyone (or anything) LOL .

Lynx217 said...

Get the hubby to do dishes for ya!! I swear once a month us women should have a day off!