Friday, March 28, 2008

Let's Talk Art...










1 & 2) Trisha Romance
3) Renoir ~ Banks of the Seine at Champrosay
4) Renoir ~ The Garden in Montmartre




We haven't talked about this before, have we? I love art. If I were rich, I'd be one of those people at the big art auctions. My favorite style is impressionism, especially Renoir or Monet. I also like Rubens. There's something about looking
at these beautiful works that just makes the whole world seem like a wonderful place to be in, suddenly. Of the more recent artists, I really love this Canadian artist, Trisha Romance. She is absolutely amazing. The detail in her painting are incredible. I don't know how she does it! I have been to her studio/museum a few times at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario and felt as if I was standing on hallowed ground, almost. She has an inoperable brain tumor, and it scares me to think that we may lose this unique talent.
I, myself, have tried to paint, but it is harder than it looks. I paint the equivalent of 'stick men.' This really sucks because I really love doing it...sigh. I keep promising myself that I will get painting lessons one day. That should have gone on my life list, actually..or is it there? I can't remember.
In other news...
Lumpy complained, 'Mom, I just got my cage the way I like it and Holly came along and cleaned it while I was out!'
Holly replied, 'Shut up, Lumpy, you smell.'
Lumpy whined, 'Mom, she's calling me names.'
Poppy replied from the pantry, 'As soon as I get off the nest, I'm going to renew my efforts to kill you all!'
Take care all,
Tory

No comments: