Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Geez, it's Always Something....

Sometimes it's a pain being me...
I went to see the kidney Dr. yesterday and my kidneys are totally mad at me. I have only 16% kidney function left. I'm so dumb sometimes...when the Dr. first said that to me I almost burst out with...'16% out of what?!' OMG, thank goodness I didn't...lol.
Anyway, she said they are going to try and keep what functions I still have but if it should go down to 10%, I have to go on dialysis. Yikes!
They gave me the, 'you are now living with kidney disease' speech and gave me a bunch of pamphlets. I have an appointment to see a special kidney dietician on the 31st of March. Apparently, you can't eat so many things when your kidneys are compromised..crap. Even stuff that's good for you..like tomatoes and beans of any kind. Kind of wierd.
So, I did something today that no non-medical person should ever do. I did some research at the Kidney Assoc. of Canada website. I wish I hadn't now...this is going to really suck, I think. Sigh....
Ah, well, life goes on...
So, I don't need a chrystal ball to know what's ahead for me in the next while...Drs., Drs, and more Drs. Sorry people, my dance card is full..lol.
Anyhoo, aside from that, life is good..it really is. I'm enjoying my life as it stands and will continue to do so no matter what's going on. This crap never really stops me from enjoying stuff, and I have a pretty good attitude about these things. Possibly I'm just too dense to comprehend it all, but whatever.
Take care,

1 comment:

Forsythia said...

You're got the right attitude and a lotta fortitude. Best wishes, good luck, prayers and hugs.